A release is started when a feature development is completed and merged with the develop branch, once this is done a new release is created from the develop branch. The testing and big fixing activities will be carried out in the release branch. Once the code is stable without any issues, the release is finished; this will merge the changes made to the release branch to develop and main branches and delete the release branch.
1. Open Source Tree.
2. Click on the Git Flow icon in the tool bar.
3. A pop-up window appears, with the available options.
4. Click on the Start new Release button.
5. Give a name to the new release, I have given the name as “Release1”, select the latest development branch option and click Create.
6. This will create a new release and set the new release branch as the current working branch.
7. Any updates, commits done will be added to this branch.
8. Push the changes, so that the new branch gets added to the remote repository, so that other
developers working on the new release can also use the same branch.
9. Now the new release is ready for development / bug fixing.