In the previous post we saw on how to view the history of commits made on a file in SourceTree, this will show the history of commits their date and time, but what if we need a detailed difference report which shows the line by line change history made to the file, SourceTree provides an option Blame which shows the line by line changes made to a file.
To view the changes done to a file author wise use the following steps.
1. Opens the Source Tree application
2. Right click on the item from the “Working Copy” panel
3. Select the “Blame Selected” option.
4. This will open a pop-up with the change history details.
5. The window shows the details of lines, author and commits performed to the file for every line in the file.